Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mr Toad and the bathroom

Ok. I love Mr. Toad. I'm not sure what my dedication to him comes from, but I think he's a great guy. There are pry (short for probably) several reasons.
The first is a book my aunt Toots bought me called Frog and Toad All Year. I'm going to assume for illustrative purposes that it is the same Mr. Toad. One of them buys ice cream but it melts all over him and he looks like a monster on his walk home and scares the other.
Reason number two may be his wild driving. While I am not a crazy driver like him, I do enjoy going fast. We both drive 'jalopys' - old, decrepit and unreliable automobiles which have limited mechanical abilities, and at times can barely move. My beetle just hit 150,000 miles.
So I made this template out of paper for a steel Mr. Toad weathervane (as seen in Fantasyland at Disneyland). Once our welder cuts it out, it will be powder coated so it won't rust on top of the house.

Here's a picture of our party shower. To get to the shower head, walk in the arch on the left and turn left. We did 1x1 tiles on the ceiling for that psychedelic look. It might be ready for use later this week. Feel free to stop by and use it - bring your own towel!

1 comment:

::David and Erin:: said...

I want to stay in your castle someday. Seriously, your house looks AMAZING!