Monday, February 11, 2008

Land of Lincoln - with Spoken Four


This is me at Abe Lincoln's Crypt. So one might ask yourself, 'self, do the Smith's plan their trips around cemeteries?" And the answer would be, mostly, yes. This trip, we flew into St. Louis, picked up Kara and Nick, and headed North to Peoria IL in a brand new loaded Dodge minivan - it had some super sweet features, like middle row heated seats. Then, Friday night we went to a bar and saw our new favorite band Spoken Four. Hair gel was requested by a band member and Kara and I quickly acquired some. The whole concert was dedicated to us, including a Neil Diamond song dedicated to 'dad, out in the car.' There was even a bar fight right by us! Eventually, so I could dance without being bothered, I set up a coral of chairs that blocked me in, and more importantly, blocked a bunch of other people out. Saturday, we did the Abe Lincoln life and death tribute (he's actually from Kentucky, and we've been there). And most importantly, I got my eyebrows 'threaded' at the mall in St Louis. Wow, what an experience. An Eastern Indian woman winds some sewing thread up, puts some in her mouth, and uses the tension to roll over hairs and pull them out. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Love k8

No comments: