Sunday, February 17, 2008

I hate Dinosaurs!!


No, I'm not afraid of Dinosaurs, I just simply can't stand anything to do with them. I do realize however, that research done on dinosaurs may have helped with some advances in medicine, and that's great. But, I just get agitated that people spend so much time worrying if dinosaurs did this, if dinosaurs did that, did they eat their babies, did they like to fight on water, did they get bit by mosquitoes, etc. I don't like TV shows that depict CG dinosaurs as if it's some nature show - I thought I was watching hippos on TV but it was some fake dinosaur. What really makes me feel the most disgust towards dinosaurs is when my Discover Magazine comes with a great big picture of a dinosaur on the cover. I guess I just don't personally care if they ate their neighbors, walked their dogs, or crawled or flew. Now I will ask Tim to change the channel - away from a show that would like to hatch dinosaurs from fragments of DNA. He can't change the channel - he's really enjoying the show.

5 comments:

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

I also think dinosaurs are ugly and repulsive. I maintain that they never lived on the earth. They lived on some other planet and had long died out on that planet when God brought the dirt--and dinosaur bones--from the planet to form our earth. A little joke by God. There's a Gary Larson Farside cartoon that confirms this. It shows aliens picnicking on earth--and they're eating fried dinosaur--and throwing the bones willy-nilly all around. Love, Toots

Liz said...

This totally had me laughing: the entry AND Jo Ellen's comment!

Sara said...

Funny, funny, funny.

Kara said...

I maintain that nothing of real value has come out of studying dinosaurs.

Hernan+ said...

Dinosaurs fossils are vital for the understanding of the so called "Evolution" of Earth and the more is discovered the more we'll know where did they came from, why did they despaired and what role did they play towards homo-sapient.

Ross Geller