Thursday, March 6, 2008

Laser hair removal - it looks like this!


Ahhhhh screamed the girl. Ok, so about a year ago, my someone (who shall remain nameless unless they choose to identify themselves) got one gift certificate for $100 for laser hair removal. After some checking, you can get just about ...nothing for just $100. So we jumped on the bandwagon, bought a zillion dollars of gift certificates for $1/2 from the online gift certificate thing.
The point of my post: I've been through the torture this monkey has been through; zapping of a laser could be the only explanation for such a face (my face started out this hairy, but with several treatments, has been reduced to its' current state of hairiness).
They did warn me that my leg hair was quite light and may not respond well. However, my underarm hair was very average and has had nearly no change after 5 painful treatments. Lasering feels like someone's flicking a rubber band into your skin, about one inch below the surface.
My real disdain: I'm going on a desert vacation getaway to the middle east and I still have to shave my underarms and legs, not to mention the time and pain put into this...I think I'll go in for more appointments in a few months.

4 comments:

Nick said...

Based on the evidence, I think that going back sounds like an excellent idea.

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

Based on the evidence, I think it sounds like a waste of time and money to go back--especially in light (pun intended) of the fact that laser hair removal doesn't work very well on blonde hair.

Liz said...

i've been wondering how you were faring on this very subject. thanks for the info!

Doug said...

Why don't you consider going European?